My Media Consumption


Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
    I usually read the Metro or the Sun
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
    The first section I would typically turn to first is the entertainment section, about celebrities and all the gossip
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
    I never tend to read the sport section as I have to interest in sports.
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
    I like to read stories which tell me the current news, no matter what the topic is
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
    My dad buys the newspaper and I read it whenever I see it lying around the house
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
    No I don't read any newspapers online, however I do read stories that pop up on the BBC news app.

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
     I don't buy or read magazines.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
    I don't watch that much television, but approximately a couple hours a week
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
    During the evening
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
    I like to watch TV series that involve crime and investigations
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
    I usually watch TV with my dad and sisters, and we all put something on that we will all enjoy
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
    I watch both live TV and demand/catch up TV. I also use my phone, laptop and IPad to watch TV when I am on the go.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
    No I don't listen to the radio
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio? If so, when do they listen?
    My mum and dad listen to the radio sometimes when they are in the car

Cinema
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
    IT
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
    Fresh Prince of Bell Air, Prison Break, Suits
  • Who else watched the films with you?
    I watch them by myself
  • Who decided what films to watch?
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
    Laptop, Phone

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
    Almost everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
    Home 
  • What are the main sites that you access?
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
    To talk to my friends and to shop online
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
    My phone or laptop
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
    Instagram and snapchat

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
    I want to spend less time on my phone so I can revise for subjects such as media and my two other courses
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advertising: Score case study and wider reading

MIGRAIN: Reading an image

Advertising: Gauntlett - Media, Gender and Identity reading and questions